Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A couple nights ago I woke up near 4:00 A.M. to close the window because I was cold. After lying there for a long time and not being able to go back to sleep I decided to get up, get dressed and go for my daily walk. It was still dark out so I took a flashlight and started off. My biggest fear was running into a skunk in the dark! After awhile I got to thinking what would I do if my flashlight quit & I was a mile and a half from home? So I turned off the flashlight to see if I could tell where I was going. Surprisingly I could make out the road quite well even without a moon. The stars were shining brightly & I could see many constellations. I only turned the flashlight on occasionally to check for skunks! I wouldn't want the experience every night but I must say it was rather pleasurable to be out there alone with the millions of stars. Made me think of the verse " What is man that thou art mindful of him?"

1 comment:

The Sénéchals said...

Good for you for walking! When I am waking up at 4:00 am nowadays, all I can think about is getting Nicholas back to sleep ASAP so I can get a few more hours!