Thursday, September 20, 2007

After the frost we had here earlier this week my Amur Maples turned a brilliant red. I am hoping to enjoy them for awhile before the leaves fall.
Unloading canola into the grain cart.

This is our harvest lunch wagon. It goes from field to field & when I bring out a hot dinner it sure beats eating on your lap! Murray bought it for $300, 5 years ago over my protest but it has turned out to be just the niftiest thing. I don't mind it getting dragged out in the dusty fields. This field was 10 miles from home.
Today Murray finished combining our last canola field so he was rejoicing over our last meal in the trailer for 2007. We still have 160 acres of wheat but that field is only 1 1/2 miles from home so it is easier to come in for meals. Hopefully we can get all done harvest early next week.

2 comments: