Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Ev

For the last 65 years May 24th has been my sister's birthday so this year my Mom & I flew to Kelowna to help Evelyn celebrate her birthday.


We started out with a family dinner on Saturday with (L to R) Lloyd & cousin Juliana from Port Quoquitlam, Ev & Ken, Aunt Mary & Uncle Paul Babiuk (Kelowna), me, Mom (Alberta) & Fern & Dan (Vernon & Alaska)(their unofficially adopted daughter!) .
Ev with her many gifts of flowers.

Unbeknownst to her we also had another party planned later in the evening with about 30 friends!
When Ev, Mom & I arrived home from an orchestra performance with Jaime Jorge and the Fountainview Academy Master Class she walked into the house to a shout of SURPRISE! Ken had done a great job of co-ordinating all the arrivals while we were gone and she didn't have a clue! A neighbor even decorated. I think I had the easy task!
Everyone brought food and we had a fun time.
Mom & "the girls".
It was so special that at 85 Mom could still come with me to celebrate with Ev.
Wishing you many more fun-filled years dear sister. We sure did have fun! Now we get to catch up on our sleep!

4 comments:

The Sénéchals said...

Great pics! Auntie Ev looks great! (And you do too) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

The Letniaks said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time with family! Always so nice to be part of those special occasions. Glad you made it back safely.

Ev said...

You picked good pics to put on your blog. However, now everyone will know how old I am!!! Oh well, before all your & Ken's planning MANY of our friends did not know - - -. Thnx so much for a wonderful celebration and for bringing Mom. You worked hard and we laughed lots and yes I am trying to catch up on sleep and get my house ready for the next set of company starting Thurs! Love you.

Gloria Pierson said...

Well you must be the SURPRISE party event coordinator!!! Obviously you do a GREAT job!!! (Go me good about a year ago - remember???) What fun - so glad that Ev had a great time being surprised. Might as well enjoy those Birthdays - what else can you do - they just keep coming!!! Everyone looks great!